This website may from time to time feature content related to the law and legal developments. Such content is intended to provide general guidance only and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances. This website is made available for public viewing on the basis that DHM excludes to the extent lawfully permitted all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising out of the use thereof or reliance upon the content thereof. All rights reserved.
Any electronic mail you receive from anyone involved with DHM or using our e-mail address, including any attachments thereto, is subject to our e-mail disclaimer set out herein. The e-mail may contain information which is confidential, private, subject to legal privilege or otherwise protected by law. If you are not the stated addressee (or such person’s authorised representative) you must-
- notify the sender of this fact immediately by return e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system;
- refrain from printing, copying, forwarding or otherwise disclosing any information contained in this e-mail or any part thereof;
- refrain from reading, storing, selling or otherwise using any information contained in this e-mail or ant part thereof for any purpose, including, without limitation, incorporating any information contained in this e-mail into any database or mailing list for whatsoever reason.
Failure to do so may amount to the unlawful interception of a communication, the infringement of copyright and/ or the infringement of the right to privacy, thus exposing you to criminal and/ or civil liability.
Neither DHM, the sender of this e-mail, nor any DHM representative will be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature (including without limitation that caused by the corruption or loss of data, damage to software programmes and interruption of business operations) resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of the e-mail (including without limitation any malicious software codes or viruses transmitted together with this e-mail, or any corruption to or loss of data contained in the e-mail).
The views and opinions expressed in the e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of DHM.
In particular, no DHM representative or employee may send –
- unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”);
- messages that infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights or other rights; and
- messages containing content that is racist, defamatory or otherwise unlawful, offensive or derogatory.
An e-mail with such content or which was otherwise sent for purposes unrelated to DHM’s official business, falls outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned and DHM will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatever nature resulting therefrom.
This disclaimer is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and will be deemed to supersede any terms contained in any e-mail received by DHM, insofar as these conflict with this disclaimer.